If you’re into urban exploration, then chances are you’ve found some pretty cool abandoned buildings on your travels.
And you’ve most likely discovered a decrepit house that made you feel a little uneasy at some point. I’ve always wanted to experience that for myself, but after seeing all the unsettling homes below, I’m more than happy to limit my experience to looking at photos.
Prepare to get the chills when you feast your eyes on these examples of urban decay from around the world.
1. Nothing is foreboding about this Slovenian home at all…
2. Not exactly welcoming, am I right?
3. This house in Detroit, Michigan, looks like it came straight out of a horror movie.
4. This house in Denmark looks like it belongs to a witch.
5. The vulture sitting on the roof really doesn’t make me feel good.
6. I’m convinced that this farmhouse is haunted.
7. Okay, this one may be creepy, but it’s also stunning.
8. What’s creepy about this isn’t so much the house itself, but the mannequins hanging out on the porch.
9. I’m not going anywhere near this Floridian horror.
10. And I’m going to avoid Ohio, too.
11. This ghoulish home is in Scotland.
12. I wouldn’t go there in the daytime, let alone at night!
13. I guess I can cross Ontario off my list.
14. This Turkish home makes me want to run far, far away.
15. Don’t go to Seneca State Park in Maryland unless you want to be totally freaked out.
16. I’m afraid to ask what’s inside this house in Ontario, Canada.
17. The Bennett School for Girls in New York isn’t exactly a house, but it’s definitely unsettling enough for this list.
18. Although it’s beautiful, this Scottish home is not on my list of places to visit.
19. I have a suspicion that the inside of this Pennsylvania house is way more disturbing than the outside.
20. The following mess in Coldwater, Michigan, is totally “Blair Witch Project” material.
21. I feel like Freddy Krueger might be hanging out in there.
22. I’m sure that this Russian mansion is full of untold horrors.
23. And this Hawaiian home looks like it has more than a few disturbing secrets.
24. Here’s why I prefer living in a city.
I applaud you brave urban explorers out there, but after all of that creepiness, I won’t be joining you. I just can’t risk running into this.