Although it is incredibly helpful for providing us with information, there are some seriously dark corners of the internet.
By now, I’m sure you’ve heard of the “deep web,” but you don’t even have to venture there to come across some insanely creepy websites. For example, if you’re obsessed with murderers for whatever reason, there’s a site where you can actually buy their stuff.
On Murder Auction, you can search for your favorite serial killers and find which of their belongings are up for grabs. Here’s a small sampling of what the site has to offer.
1. Richard Ramirez, also known as the “Night Stalker,” murdered 13 people during his spree in the ’80s. He sent this disturbing drawing to Jason Moss. The latter was a writer who corresponded with many serial killers and wrote a memoir about his explorations into their minds.
2. These envelopes contained letters also sent to Jason Moss by serial killer John Wayne Gacy a few months before he was executed in 1994. He was known as the “Killer Clown” and murdered at least 33 young boys and men in the ’70s.
3. This mask was cast from a damaged mold of Adolf Hilter’s face. The original cast was believed to have been lost forever after Russian troops looted his home in 1945, but it was later found and restored in the ’80s.
4. This is a letter that Henry Lee Lucas sent to his girlfriend in 1992. He is known as “The Confession Killer,” and he admitted to murdering hundreds of people.
5. Here’s an illustration that was drawn and signed by Christine Falling, who suffocated at least five children she babysat when she was 17 years old. She claims that the voices in her head told her to kill them.
6. Here is another one of the drawings that Richard Ramirez sent to Jason Moss. It reads, “Breaking up is hard enough, I got pieces of April over here, over there.”
7. This is a Polaroid taken of Nevada serial killer Wayne Horton, who was obsessed with Charles Manson. He murdered four people, including his 19-year-old cellmate in jail.
8. This Mother’s Day card was sent by Dorothea Puente, the “Death House Landlady,” who stole Social Security checks from the elderly and disabled residents of the boarding house she ran. She killed those who protested her actions and buried them in her yard.
9. Twisted cannibal Joe Metheny drew this and added a bloody thumbprint. He lured prostitutes into his home and killed them from the ’70s to the ’90s. He cut up their bodies and sold their flesh to unwitting customers at his beef stand.
10. This is a tracing of the hand of Jeremy Jones, a rapist who claims to have killed many people, including a whole family in Oklahoma. His confessions were so wild, though, that police were never able to sort the truth from all of his heinous fiction. He was convicted of killing one woman in 2004, but there’s no telling how many victims he actually left in his wake.
I have to admit that this is kind of fascinating, but I think I’ve had enough of the internet for now. I can only take one creepy browsing session a day, but if you want to check out more, click here.